Here we are with the final part in our FREE, 30-part Summer Series of Italian articles with audio.
Has it been worth it? Well, I’ve certainly learnt a lot! Hope you have, too.
Today we’re continuing Wednesday’s profiles of notable medieval women, with the stories of a saint (one of Italy’s TWO patron saints, apparently), along with an otherwise unremarkable inhabitant of a small north-Italian city, who rallied her neighbours to resist the invading Milanese.
The first, you may have heard of, the second, probably not. But together, they’re a good way to end our summer history course on the middle ages. Religion and invasions – sums it all up, really.
Il Medioevo, Episodio 30, Le protagoniste dei “secoli bui”, seconda parte
You’ll find the entire series on our History page, along with last year’s Summer Series on the Romans. Next year we’ll be doing the Renaissance!
A lunedì, allora
P.S. Don’t forget the new ‘easy reader’ ebook, just £5.99!
Don’t forget to grab your copy of our NEW ebook ‘easy reader’, which by no accident at all is set in the medieval period, like our Summer Series.
It features Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II, and an engaging young protagonist, who we meed as he’s being schooled in archery in the hope that he’ll be selected to join Frederick’s elite bodyguard.
‘Ashraf, l’arciere dell’imperatore‘ should be enjoyable for students whose reading/listening skills are at least intermediate-level. It’s graded higher, but the story isn’t very long and the plot is easy to grasp…
- .pdf e-book (+ audio available free online)
- .mobi (Kindle-compatible) and .epub (other ebook readers) available on request at no extra charge – just add a note to the order form or email us
- 8 chapters to read and listen to
- Comprehension questions to check your understanding
- Italian/English glossary of ‘difficult’ terms for the level
- Suitable for students at intermediate level or above
- Download your Free Sample Chapter (.pdf)
This first week only, Ashraf, l’arciere dell’imperatore costs just £5.99, rather than the usual ‘easy reader’ ebook price of £7.99.
That 25% discount will end on Tuesday 21st September.
- Buy ‘Ashraf, l’arciere dell’imperatore‘ – just £5.99
- Download the FREE SAMPLE CHAPTER (.pdf), if you haven’t already done so
- Or see all our ebooks, organised by type and in level order, on our Catalog page