Three important steps in learning a language are:
If you don’t, then take a course.
Or hire a teacher.
If you do, then the route ahead should be clear.
This is always a lot easier than we feared.
Do something, just one small thing.
Truly, THIS is the hard part.
The effort required is unceasing.
There are so many reasons to put language-learning aside.
Here are some of mine:
- I’ll start studying again when my Swedish A2 exam result arrives (in a month)
- The Autumn Sale took up ALL my time last week
- I’ll be teaching again in a few days. I’ll study once things have settled down
On the other hand…
- Studying was leisure, not work
- Making progress pleased me
- I learnt more than I expected
Know how, start, keep going.
When you stumble at the third stage, repeat step 2.
(Have you heard Saturday’s Easy Italian News, yet?
Why not make a point of listening each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday? It’s free.)