Over the weekend, instead of going to the beach, I was sat at the kitchen table sorting out our online shop.
Specifically, I was adding a new FREE ebook to the Italian and other language categories (French, Spanish and German).
And making sure the instructions on how to get them were absolutely clear.
This is because, when I write to ask people to leave a review of the free ebook they ordered, they’ll sometimes reply that they never received it.
Which is frustrating, both for them and for me.
So now, I promise, the process IS very simple.
(And completely free, of course.)
Full instructions are below so do give it a try.
And do, please, pass the word on to anyone you know who might be interested in learning Italian (or French, or Spanish, or German) so that they can get the free ebooks too!
I’ll be standing by at the computer all day today, and for the rest of the week.
I’ll be more thann happy to answer any questions you may have.
Or to provide technical support for anyone who has never done this sort of thing before.
How to get your free ebooks
1. Visit our new online shop (not the old one on the club website, which is scheduled for demolition):
2. The first two ebooks (top left) are the free ones:
https://easyreaders.org/product/il-ristorante/ (this is a beginner-level easy reader – very short and simple, with audio!)
https://easyreaders.org/product/italianenglish-parallel-text-la-sorpresa-a1/ (this is an Italian/English parallel text, no audio but you get a translation so you can compare the two versions.)
3. Looking at the ebook cover images in the shop, just click on them to find out more.
If you want to download one or both, click the ‘Add to cart’ button.
4. If you want ALL the free ebooks (French, Spanish and German too), that’s seven in total.
Find them, click the cover image, add to cart, repeat until you have the lot!
N.B. There’s no need to do seven separate orders…
5. Next, view your shopping cart:
(or there’s a dark blue button at the top right of the screen that’ll take you right there…)
6. In the cart, SCROLL DOWN until you see the ‘Proceed to checkout’ button, which is large and orange so it’s hard to miss. Click it.
7. Once you reach the checkout page, the only obligatory fields are ‘Name’, ‘Surname’ and ‘Email’. The rest is optional, but it’s nice for me to know who you are, so please fill in your details.
8. If you plan to come back sometime, I’d suggest checking the ‘create an account’ button, which you’ll find right below the ‘Phone’ section in the form.
That’ll save your information so you’d be able to log in and get your downloads were you to lose the email with the download links (about which, more below.)
9. Filled in the form? Now scroll down and look for the big orange button with ‘Place order’ on it.
Assuming you’ve only selected the free ebooks, there’s no payment stage.
If you’re also buying something (grazie!), you’ll see payment options such as Paypal and Amazon.
10. What if you’ve selected something, then changed your mind?
No worries! Just go back to the cart https://easyreaders.org/cart/ and click the RED X next to the product you no longer desire.
That’ll delete it.
Then repeat from stage 6, above.
11. Where were we? Oh yes, no. 9. We were in the checkout and clicking on the big orange ‘Place order’ button.
12. Having clicked that one, you’ll be shown the next page and see the message:
“Thank you. Your order has been received.”
13. At which point check your email account for an email from EasyReaders.Org.
The subject line will be something like:
Your EasyReaders order from August 21, 2017 is complete
14. It’s THAT email which contains your download link (or links.)
There’ll be a download link for each of the free products.
Any paid for ebooks I send separately, but the free ones are automatic.
15. Click the download link in the email you received.
The .pdf file containing the ebook should download to your device.
Repeat that process for each link/ebook.
Normally the downloads will be saved in your ‘Downloads’ file.
(If you don’t know where that is, ask a teenager!)
15. IMPORTANT: The download link is valid for three downloads only and expires after seven days.
Which means you should save a copy of the .pdf some place where you’ll be able to find it when you want to study or revise.
Once you’ve got your free ebooks, read them, and had time to form an opinion, I’d be really grateful if you could take a minute to leave a review.
There are instructions on how to do this here:
Reviews need to be left on the correct ‘product page’, which you can find by visiting the shop and using the ‘search’ box.
To save you a job, below I’ve pasted the links for the two free Italian ones.
Click them to read what others have written and to add your own comments:
https://easyreaders.org/product/il-ristorante/#reviews (the easy reader)
Beh, that should just about cover it.
As I mentioned, do write to me if you need help.
And please help us spread the word…
Maybe you’re a teacher, and could tell your students?
Or you go to an Italian class, and think the others in the group would be interested?
You may even have kids or grandkids studying a modern European language. Let’s try and get them reading!
Here are the links to all four language categories: