Hope you had an enjoyable Natale!
Perhaps, after all the excitement, you are now scratching around for something useful to do in the next few days, before the New Year festivities bring yet more gluttony.
Well, here’s an idea…
What about studying Italian?
Hence the convenient timing of the club’s annual January Sale.
And yes I’m aware it’s still December, but the sale will FINISH in January (Sunday 7th to be precise, the day before I go back to my regular job…)
There are ten or eleven days between now and then in which you can stock up on ebooks and online lesson credits.
And of course, I’ll be reminding you, regularly, to take advantage of the great savings!
OK, but first I have three important things to comunicate.
1.) How To Not Hear Another Word About This
Normal service here at the club resumes on Monday 8th of Jan. From now until then I’ll be writing DAILY in the hope of selling you something. The club has bills to pay, along with teachers and writers who need to earn a crust.
If you’re not interested in buying something, that’s perfectly fine. I apologise in advance for bothering you and humbly suggest that you either mark my emails as ‘read’ until Jan 8th or unsubscribe from the club mailing list.
About unsubscribing, which does seem dramatic, but doesn’t have to be – all club materials, thousands of pages, are anyway available to you on the website, with minimal advertising and no requirement to log in.
No one is forced to read my regular Monday/Wednesday/Friday messages, or the more frequent ones during promotions like this one.
You’ll find an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every article I publish. Click it and follow the simple instructions.
About 35% of you actually open the emails, which isn’t bad, but leaves 65% who don’t. And we have to pay our mailing people for the whole list, whether interested or otherwise.
So if you’re no longer studying Italian, are not interested in my ramblings, or would just prefer not to hear about the ‘January Sale’, do take a second to scroll down and click the link at the bottom of this text.
2.) We Have TWO online Shops, But Not For Much Longer
If you’re still reading after the above, you may be interested in ebooks for learning Italian and/or online Italian lessons, and in the attractive saving that is available from today until Jan 7th.
But hey, before we get to that, I want to read the last rites over the ‘old’ shop, the one on the club website.
We now have a ‘new’ shop on a separate, dedicated website. That one is ONLY an ecommerce site, which gives me more options and allows better design and clearer layout.
Currently the ‘old’ shop prices in euros, while the ‘new’ shop prices in pounds. But having one currency, rather than two, would be so much more convenient… You can’t imagine the accounting hassles!
Poi, the poor pound is worth virtually the same as the mighty euro right now. So it seems like a logical time to sort things out.
Hence, as of the end of this offer, the ‘Old’ shop, the one on the club website, will be closed down, that is to say ‘terminated with extreme prejeudice’.
Hasta la vista, baby!
Leaving us only the ‘new’ shop, which is better, trust me.
3.) The Coupon Code!
And finally, the moment all our regular online students and ebook fans have been waiting for, the 2018 January Sale Coupon Code!
Dah, dah, dah!
Here it is:
Copy and paste that, carefully, into the ‘coupon’ box in the ‘cart’ in either the ‘old’ shop or the ‘new’ shop and your cart total will be reduced by twenty percent.
(N.B. It’s not the item price that changes, it’s the cart total – you have to scroll down to see the reduction.)
That means you get ten online Italian lessons but only have to pay for eight.
Or you can buy five ebooks, but only pay for four.
And better still?
The coupon works with things that are ALREADY reduced.
So our pack of ten lessons, which costs much less per lesson than buying just the one, is EVEN BETTER VALUE with the coupon code (especially if you remember to paste it into the box and press the ‘Apply coupon’ button…)
You get the idea, I’m sure.
But just to ram it home, in the ‘new’ shop, there’s a pack of ‘Eighteen Italian Easy Readers – HALF PRICE!‘, which is a pretty amazing saving for buying in bulk, I think you’ll agree.
Apply the coupon code and it gets to be an even more amazing saving…
Anyway, more on that tomorrow and in subsequent days.
In the meantime, why not go browse?
- ‘Old’ shop, priced in euros. This doesn’t have the newer ebooks. Ebooks cost more, too (but lessons are slightly less)
- ‘New’, soon to be ‘Only’, shop. This one prices in pounds and has everything. Do the maths and you’ll see it’s better value for ebooks but slightly more clostly for lessons
Here’s the coupon code again:
And the shop links: