A word that always comes out wrong when I type it is… (you won’t believe this)…
Ironic though, isn’t it?
I’m quite proud of my ability to type with all ten fingers without looking at the keyboard.
But there are some words that just come out wrong, as if my fingers are going too fast for their own good.
It’s not a nice look to end an email by misspelling your own name.
Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence, does it?
Which is WHY I always, always proof-read my texts, not once, not even twice, but three times or more.
And yet still things slip through. It’s very frustrating. And time-consuming.
I mention this because I was looking at a loooooong article I wrote this time last year (during the Summer Sale, obviously) entitled:
It’s really quite good – you should take a look!
It covers typical ‘problems’, that is to say, things people tell me they have issues with. For example:
- “I’m not good at languages.”
- “Spoken Italian goes right over my head.”
- “I can’t remember new words, or old words!”
- “Italian grammar is a nightmare!”
- “I can’t understand recorded texts.”
- “I don’t have anyone to practice with.”
- “I’d like to study Italian more but don’t have time.”
- “I want to be able to join conversations in Italian.”
You get the idea. The article is here.
And of course, checking it, I found a ‘langauge’!
Like right there in the first paragraph!
And it had been there for a whole year.
Summer Sale Reminder
Here’s your Thursday of Summer Sale Week reminder: save 20% on EVERYTHING in our online shop, assuming you get your act together by Sunday night…
Online Italian lessons with a club teacher are a steal!
And 20% off ebooks for learning Italian is irresistible!
Coupon code 2019-Summer-Sale-20%-Off will get you a fifth off the prices in the shop.
Stock up on CHEAPER THAN NORMAL online lesson credits and ebooks here.
- Use coupon code 2019-Summer-Sale-20%-Off …
- … by midnight on Sunday 7th of July 2019…
- … as often as you wish…
- … even multiple times…
- … and even for things which are already discounted, such as ebook bundles
- …but not together with other coupon codes. Sorry!
“Why don’t you use a spellchecker, Daniel?”
I suppose because I got in the habit not doing so when I was often typing in different languages, or in a mix of languages.
Also there’s the British/American English thing.
I try to be sort of mid-Atlantic, and there’s not an option for that on your typical spellchecker:
“Check box to spell ‘Catalogue’ as ‘Catalog’ 75% of the time.”
Anyway, I got so used to having half the entire text underlined in red as I wrote it that now, even if the computer spots my blooper, I don’t notice it telling me.
I just screen it out.